Sunday, April 4, 2010

I can't believe it's a 7D!

I finished up a cool job a couple of weeks ago. I was part of the crew on the movie Backstabber (coming Spring 2011). Although I didn't get to play with any of the cameras, I was Sound Mixer and Key Grip.

The totally amazing thing about this movie was that it was filmed in HD 1080p 24fps. Yeah, so what, you might say, but the camera they used to film the entire production was the Canon 7D!!! Excuse me? You said what?

(Director of Photography, Gary Parker, on the set of Backstabber)

Oh, yes, believe your eyes! They used the Canon 7D to film and not just one, but there were two camera units on the set using these amazing Canon's.

Now, I know there are some Nikon people that are just rolling their eyes, but I have been a Canon girl from day one and this just makes my little Canon XTi and Canon GL2 look like toys. So much so that I'm putting them up for sale just so I can buy the 7D. BTW, if any of you are looking for a Canon XTi or Canon GL2, just let me know. I think I can hook ya up!

I'm not taking this lightly either! Selling any of my cameras is just like selling a child and it would be so much easier if I could sell some of my prints instead.

I know I should have the patience of Job and just wait until I sell or save enough to get it. But, oh it's so sweet! I will be good and not jump into anything too crazy. On the plus side, if I do wait a bit the price will go down and it will be more affordable. Then I'm sure there will be a newer and better Canon that will make me rethink the whole process. Oh, I love photography......and my Canons!

No comments:

Post a Comment